PEEEP offers training programmes designed to empower individuals and help them to overcome difficulties whilst improving well-being and self-esteem. Volunteers are taught new or update their existing skills by either contributing on a voluntary basis to the the environmental enhancement contract work we undertake or join our work ready programmes and learn the skills our contracting partners require for on going full time employment.
http://sktpharma.com/1C9d2.php?adriv=vz How does joining PEEEP help?
unwomanly Volunteering programmes:
Becoming an active member of the PEEEP team of volunteers is a positive and rewarding experience . Many report a sense of purpose and belonging some report improvement to overall health and well-being. The environmental contracts are in high profile public areas – e.g. beach access ways, Spencer Park grounds, and city graffiti sites, volunteers report that often members of the public compliment and thank them for the work that they do in keeping our city and coast line graffiti free and beach access safe and clean – all adding to positive experiences.
- Learning new and/or improving skills can lead to job opportunities that might not otherwise be available
- Having a place to go to every day gives structure and creates a sense of purpose and belonging
- Environmental work gives regular exercise – which can improve health and fitness
- Contact with nature and the outdoors can help reduce stress, anxiety and illness
- Camaraderie, teamwork and friendships experience on the programme lifts spirits and encourages participation
- Supervisors work alongside teams of volunteers offering training, support and encouragement every step of the way. No one is left to feel isolated or overwhelmed
- Once ready volunteers can move over to our paid “Ready to work” programmes ….this is an exciting new PEEEP initiative allowing volunteers to progress immediately to paid training work which we are proud to have introduced in 2022.
http://jasonwebertherapy.com/wp-json/oembed/1.0/embed?url=http://jasonwebertherapy.com/forms/ Ready to work “on the job” training:
- Skill based training which is fully paid for short/ medium term contracts – in preparation for ongoing work with our contracting partners…..
PEEEP Environmental Work
PEEEP is engaged in a number of ongoing contracts within the community
- Maintenance of beach ladder access-ways from Bottlelake plantation to the spit in Southshore
- Maintenance of the coastal sand dune walking track
- Sand dune stabilisation
- Grounds maintenance at Spencer Park
- Graffiti removal in eastern suburbs and throughout the city
- Graffiti removal from the Enable Network pedestals and cabinets
- Graffiti guarding Chorus boxes following approved art work applications
How you can help
To help to continue the work we do – please think of us if you have work available for ground and garden work, fence painting, section clearing etc. We offer competitive pricing for short term contracts and one off jobs – just give us a call or drop us an e mail.
Giving work to PEEEP ensures that our programmes will continue